Monday, April 7, 2008

Emotional Alzheimer's

Before He-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed got in the picture I had a few other relationships. A couple of them were very meaningful ones and some just for the fun of it. I cannot say I learned a lot but I did learn something. Men are different from us.

If you want something you have to say it, if you specifically do not want something you also have to say it. Is that simple. Mmmmm,kay you might still not get what you want but they will appreciate you cutting the bs. Guessing is not something they like to do, they don’t enjoy it, and they don’t believe it is some sort of sport.

Yes means yes, no means no. Not much grey area there, I truly believe maybe is a female word.

If you ask him what he is thinking and he answers “nothing”, it might be a lie but it certainly does not mean you should start to probe. When a woman answers: “nothing” that is an invitation to dialog, men simply think it is an easy way to avoid a potentially long talk.

Now, it is simple, so how come from time to time I manage to forget all this stuff?

2 comments:

Lizelotte said...

I think I have a Y chromosome tucked in somewhere, because I am not a great guesser either, and I really love being around no-bulshitt-people.

No wonder a lot of my fave people are male :-) even if some are gay.

I mean, with a gay male friend you get the best: the straight-forward-no-bullshit attitude AND the ability to seriously discuss - - anything!

Being coy and skittish is certainly not in my repetoire ... I want something I take it, or ask for it...

Bobbi Boe said...

I dont think I am coy at all, but sometimes I just forget the fastest route to an answer is a direct question.