Sunday, October 19, 2008

Far and Away

I warn you there will be a bit of an overload of photos here. If you are not in the mood for it go and find yourself a blog about politics, I will not be writing about it here.

Yesterday we had such a lovely time, driving around the picture perfect roads on a gorgeous fall day. On the agenda was the inauguration of the Kent Firehouse, a project we have reason to be very proud of, well mostly He-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed has reasons to be proud since I was not that involved with the design itself. But alas I think he is in a good mood so I will indulge myself to a bit of the glory.

Kent is one of my favorite places in this neck of the woods, and not just because of the chocolate store (although I confess it does help the town to be on the top 5, what can I say I do love chocolate). The whole town is rather charming, both new and old places are full of character and often make my camera finger “trigger happy”.

The ceremony was short and sweet, first the parade from the old firehouse to the new building, I am quite sure I don’t have a drop of Scottish blood but I truly love to watch those bag pipers play. Mmmm’kay so I have a soft spot for men in uniforms, can you blame me, especially when it includes men in skirts?

The Governor was there and did a good job, maybe it was because it was such a gorgeous day, no one wanted to waste it so all the speeches were short and soon they were cutting the ribbon and letting people inside to tour the new building.

We went to lunch with the owner of the construction company, he was there with his wife and they just came back from 2 weeks in Italy so we had a great time talking about travels and also dogs.

Off we went to Danbury, was not very difficult to convince He-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed to go search for the new Brazilian bakery but although we did buy the bread we were a bit disappointed to see the Brazilian grocery store now is reduced to two shelves. I was dreaming to get some Brazilian candy but now is seems they cannot import it anymore.

We detour to Southbury to make an inspection on a small job and decide to drive home by the lovely back roads, sometimes He-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed has some inspired ideas like that!

The best day of Fall so far.

No comments: