Friday, October 3, 2008

Rainbows and Unicorns

I could blame it on Mia but that would be unfair, true she does keep me busier but the reason for not writing here for a week is a rather bad cold, one of those that makes your whole body ache and your brain turns to mush.

I was trying to avoid a post that would consist mostly of some serious moaning and complaining about how bad I have been feeling for days! As you can see the dreadful post is already happening and you cannot do anything about it, complete with exclamation point and all that jazz (I could stop here and save you the pain but alas I am bad, why should I suffer alone?).

He-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed told me last night that we should get flu shots this year, we have never done it, and well I have never done it, mostly because every year he says it is a waste of time. I am not quite sure why he changed his mind but I agree with the whole idea even if I was never fond of having any part of my body poked with needles. Mmm’kay there has been some acupuncture sessions years ago, they were not pleasant but the results seemed worthy at the time.

……..

Well it has been a while, and I wrote the paragraphs above last week, then I could not make myself post it because it was just so blah!

I am almost over my cold, have been sleeping much better even if not really well (not that I ever did sleep well even when I am healthy). I have been preoccupied with Mia, since last Tuesday night her dad came by and asked me to go take a look because she was acting strange. Sure she was not herself, and I could feel she was running a fever, was definitively not her perky self. After some examination I notice she had a sore back, she yelped when I touch a spot right center on her spine. So I end up telling her dad to take her to the emergency vet since it was almost 9PM and she was clearly in pain. The next day he stopped by to say she does have a spinal infection, was on pain killers and antibiotics and looking really miserable.

I went to visit her a few times, Wednesday she was a sorry looking pup, would not even get up, her tail was trying to tell me she appreciated my visit but the pain was draining her of any energy.

Yesterday she seemed much better by night time; maybe the meds are doing the magic. She was able to walk a bit around her yard and came by me for a belly rub even if she was uncomfortable to get her belly in the upward position.

I do know that I have been writing about Mia a lot, call it my Mia Mania, but this past week went by so fast I never had time for much more than the regular work load so bear with me if I cannot write about rainbows and unicorns!

No comments: