Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Plenty, if you ask me.

I have been posting inside my head but somehow when I try to write the stuff down it all sounds a bit boring. I am not promising this post will not be boring, I guess I am just trying to explain why I abandon this place for so long.

I have been busy with this and that, including an overdue visit from a dear friend. Usually he drives down from Montreal a few times a year but this has been the first time this year. He always brings delicious stuff, yeah, he does spoil my attempt to diet but I compensate it by having so many laughs together it is well worth it. He is such a brave friend he even let me drive his pick-up truck around the cemetery.  I guess it is a bit reassuring that there is hardly anyone walking around, even if I did manage to scare a couple of squirrels.

It is hard to believe Labor Day is less than a week away. Oh sure, also that other very important holyday MY BIRTHDAY! Mmm’kay, so what if it is not an official holyday?

To be honest I have been less enthusiastic about my birthday than I used to be. I remember the time, not so long ago; I used to start warning people a month ahead. It was not just because being a twin makes a birthday doubly special but I truly enjoy mine. I counted the days to the day; I made special plans, not really being into big parties but separate celebrations, so I could enjoy it with all the important people in my life. Now not so much.

I do have plans to get hair cut and color with Special K, which is always a treat, and there is a possibility we will have lunch together since the whole hair ordeal will take the best part of 3 hours.

 I do have plans to have a special dinner with Gail, Mark and He-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed, so we can celebrate both birthdays, hers and mine. I guess I can count myself lucky it does not fall on a Monday.

I could make  He-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed life easy if only I could decide what I want as a gift, at the moment I am torn between what I need ( as in a new winter coat, the kind for everyday specially on those  snowy days) and what I want (as in a new camera even if the old one is not broken). I always like myself for being practical and yet I still cannot commit to the reasonable decision of buying something I know I need and will use often. How silly is that?

How silly is that?

PS: The photo on the post bellow was given to me by a friend, his grandma used to live at the house behind ours and he found this precious picture of his aunt with our house as a background. Hey the tree is standing there, much smaller than it was by the time it was cut down but looking proud.

No comments: