Wednesday, February 13, 2008

TALK TO THE PAW

Today I feel discombobulated (mmm,kay I admit I learned the word just last week but I immediately knew it would fit me every so often) .


The lovely snow that fell last night , and made the walk-with-the-dogs-before-bed-time such a fun time, what with all of us jumping on fluffy snow and some of us burying our noses in it, now is part snow, part slush and part water that might be soon be part ice since temperatures are falling like crazy.


I can hear the plows going around, the biggest truck being the City one with a new guy that cleans our street like a kamikaze, I am not sure if it is because he is new to the job but he does it with a vengeance (specially one directed to corner curbs) so I always try to avoid walking around while he is doing his thing.


The walk up the hill to the gym has to be postponed or maybe even cancelled depending on how things will improve or not after noon and the whole thing just throws my day out of planned schedule which just spoils the very little amount of discipline I have to keep exercising. Did I mention that I did not go yesterday due to a very bad sinus headache?


Luckily the dogs decided the weather is too nasty to play outside, but not before Matisse gave me the look that is his equivalent of “TALK TO THE PAW”, complete with rolling eyes and a sharp bark that says: I WANT TO GO OUT NOW! Let me assure you, that dog is all caps all the time. True he does not get as wet as Jack, thanks to a really wirehair double coat. They are the same breed but for some reason Jack has a much softer coat and gets soaked wet in less than 3 minutes.


He-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed ( I have to confess I borrow this one from his aunt, it seems is something that run on the male side of the family as this is how she refers to his uncle) or maybe it is due to the BOE name(Best Obey Ever), but I digress. Today he seems awfully quiet, not that anyone could accuse him of being talkative ever. I am not even thinking on Brazilian standards( everybody knows we talk way too much)but maybe quite is not bad, sure quiet is much better than when I get the feeling that I am annoying him just because I am breathing(maybe too loud?).


We don’t do the whole big celebration on Valentine’s Day (yes I have been able to celebrate both American and Brazilian Valentine’s since they happen 6 months apart, lucky me, and if you forget to buy something for your special one you better know you can do it on June 12 by Brazilian standards) anyways we don’t buy (literally don’t buy) into the big consumerism validating romance but I would totally NOT mind getting new earphones( the big but lightweight Sony ones we saw at that store will do) since the tiny ones I wear now to the gym just annoy the hell out of my ears. Nope, not an Ipod girl here (even if I do LOVE everything else Apple).

SO there will be a card maybe even cards(meaning I will get one too).


I shall make a scrumptious meal, shame it is not nice outside because He-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed loves a steak on the grill but maybe I will go for his second favorite Swedish Meatball.
Now it is raining cats-dogs-monkeys and parrots but Matisse wants proof so I will let him go before the TALK TO THE PAW shows up again!


Happy Valentines to you all!

1 comment:

Lizelotte said...

I think we have the same approach on Valentines... I just did Brunos lunch for tomorrow (he is at a bike club meeting), and I got out the heart shape cake cutters and made his sandwiches heartshaped... plus I put a sweet little note in there for him to find tomorrow.

Will post pics of his lunch tomorrow - but not before! I want him surprised! :-)