Sunday, February 10, 2008

They are coming back... I know they are...

Blogbi is giving me a hard time about me writing “I just got in a diet”… yeah… yeah… ON a diet.

It is again a problem with translating from Portuguese, where the words for IN and ON are interchangeable and let’s face it, I am the one NOT EATING DELICIOUS FOOD no matter if I am IN it or ON it! Actually when I get ON a diet it is like I am IN THE ZONE, in this case not a good zone, but still a magical place, one when I can see myself in single digits sizes in the not so near future.

Last week was not a good one, never got much better since I last wrote here, that being one of the reasons I left this place for a few days. My hormones are out of whack and so far my doctor had not been very successful about getting it fixed, by now I think maybe I should be fixed myself.

Yesterday I managed to lock myself out of the house, and sure it was snowing and I had a lovely 45 minute wait until “He-Who-Must-Be –Obeyed” came home to rescue me. We managed to improve the day by going to the grocery store (I used those 45 minutes to make a shopping mental list, note to self: include orange juice in next mental list), the part that cannot be called an improvement was the one where he forgot to turn the lights off and we found the car did not want to move being without any juice (in this case battery instead of orange).

Not having the cell phone make it a bit more annoying and the whole episode end up including my first trip in a taxi in Torrington!

Today I woke up very achy and “He-Who-Must-Be –Obeyed” wants to know if I am “catching something”, well to me catching imply intent and I have no reasons to want to catch a cold but it might catch me at some point. I know there will be a day I will wake up and the only part of my body that will not suffer from arthritis will be my hair, but I hope it will not happen in the next …say 20 or 30 years. I bet today’s achiness (it is a word, I checked it out) is just some silly cold.

The snow if falling hard now, the guy on the radio says the temperature is supposed to drop some 20 degrees in the next 4 hours so I decided to give myself a day off the gym, oh come on… I went yesterday!

Now sounds like the perfect time to make my third cup of coffee and enjoy the company of my two crazy dogs.

...the bubbles are coming back…very slowly but they are!

No comments: