Sunday, June 1, 2008

Eye Candy


It has not been a very eventful weekend. He-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed got his picture on the local newspaper, kinda nice being recognized by the volunteer work he does for almost eight years. He sure deserves some nice words but at first was very shy about the whole thing, actually one of my friends called to congratulate him after she saw the picture on the paper e even a neighbor from down our street stop him when he took the dogs out for a walk and he is just not comfortable with the attention. Sometimes I forget how bashful he can get.   Which is somehow endearing, in a way I cannot fully explain but simply is.

Friday we both got our eyes examined, yeah,,, mmm,kay,,, we both need stronger glasses but that was expected , what was NOT expected was THE-MOST-EXPENSIVE-EYEDROPS EVAR prescription I got!

I mean when I mentioned to the optician (not sure if it is the proper name) that I feel like I have sand in my eyes most of the time, he simply smiled and said he had the solution, and wrote the prescription. Did he mention it would cost over 100 bucks? And did he mention it comes in a doll size bottle, FOR OVER 100 BUCKS?

I mean by now I have very good eyes but need something for my high blood pressure and He-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed heart attack. The eye drops will cost more than my new lenses, since I am keeping the same frames. I actually told He-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed to return them but he said I should try them.

I have never been so careful to get eye drops in my eyes like I am now, not wanting to waste any precious medicine I even use a mirror to be able to help my aim. Maybe it did not cost an arm and a leg but how about an eyeball?

No comments: