Monday, June 23, 2008

Stirred NOT shaked

It came so fast I did not have time to save even my first sentence.

Again it was a fierce storm; it came with a vengeance, the sky got dark and in a matter of minutes was coming down like a waterfall. At one time beautiful and scary, I still flinch at each time lightning flashes and even knowing the thunder will follow don’t stop me to again close my eyes.

The power blinked twice so we just turn the machines off until it felt the worst was gone.

I have seen many storms, the tropical ones in Brasil always deserved respect but this year here it seems they are more frequent and of course more damaging. I cannot exactly explain what it does to me. I am not exactly afraid but still I cannot say I watch them without getting stirred.

1 comment:

Lizelotte said...

You describe exactly how I feel when storms hit ... exitement, uneaese and awe all rolled into one...