Wednesday, June 4, 2008

To Like and to Love

My bug had his second surgery yesterday; he is one unhappy pup right now. Although according to the vet this time should not be as bad as the last time he seems to be in worse shape. He did sleep almost thru the night, thank God for strong medication but it is easy to see he is beyond miserable. I hate to see him walking around the house with this broken look, even his ears hang different, actually his whole body language gives me the impression he is rather very depressed.

The only good thing out of this is it does remind me why I choose He-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed, because he could not be more caring, he talks to Jack in a comforting voice, he made sure Jack had a nice pillow on the living room floor so he would not attempt to jump on the coffee table to be close to us, he was the first to get  out of bed to take him for a walk since for a week Jack is not to go to the backyard. Actually even before taking Jack to the vet he was the one to make a point on spending time with him at the backyard playing ball, knowing the poor thing will not have much play time for the next week, he also gave Jack a bath the night before also knowing it will be another 2 weeks before he can have another.

There are many reasons why I love He-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed even if sometimes marriage seems to be related to the Mafia, they seem to be involved with waste management business in the sense that it is very much like “ I deal with your crap and you deal with my crap”  deal; and also because eventually people do get hurt.

Days like today when I have the chance to see the best in him renew my belief that I not only love him I actually like him a lot.

No comments: