Thursday, September 4, 2008

I feel Grrrrrrreat!

I have been having a sensational birthday!

It has been beyond my expectations, and yeah I said I was trying to keep them low but alas, I am bad about that.

My day started at 6:00AM with my friends from Canada singing me happy birthday, not just any happy birthday song but a tradition from Guatemala, they are supposed to wake you up, as early as possible and sing this cute song! How cool is that?

I got a truly romantic card from He-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed, one of those you can see he took his time to choose carefully.

Before I had time to get ready to go out for special girl time with special K my mom called, she did make me feel very loved, and was dying to tell me she had sent me flowers, she manage to refrain herself, just tried the enigmatic approach with a  “you will hear from me later”. Just an hour ago I got the longest stem pink roses I ever seen in my life, I actually did not knew roses could have stems that long! (I will post pics later).

I tried to call my twin sister but she was already at her gym so she was the one to call me back, it is not a competition but we always try to beat each other to say Happy Birthday first!

Even my stepfather called me, it was a complete surprise.

Yesterday I got a lovely card from my mother-in-law with a check (hey I already spend it on that haircut today) and today my sister-in-law sent me a truly sweet e-card.

Off I went to have hair done and a great time with special K, we always have the best time, and Jane is a genius with scissors!

Special K took me to lunch at the country club, and it was great since it feels like summer again so we sat at the patio with the view to the golf course! She did use her iphone to take pics of me, and I got her new look too, so now she has to email me them so I can show off here!( yeah I am envy of her i-phone but I truly don’t use a cell phone that often to justify having one)

I got back home to find another card from a friend and a cute smiley mug filled with flowers and big box of Swiss chocolate truffles from my “family” in Montreal.

I tell you this birthday has been blowing my mind with so many surprises and feel good moments!

I am off to get all dolled up for dinner with He-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed at my favorite restaurant…

…To be continued

No comments: