Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Nip and Tuck

I was always fascinated by how different dog’s personalities can be. It has been very interesting to see how Mia develops her relationships with my boys. We still have problems inside the house, Jack simply will not accept her presence, he barks like he is insane and pants all the time, circling her and making sure she does not move a step away from this tight circle, the limits he establish for her . Matisse is relaxed and even will lie down and let her sniff at him. True now she really is trying to engage him into playing so she nips and teases, well she is a girl!

Every visit I try to let them have time inside, after 7 minutes I give up and take them all to the backyard where things are much nicer.

Luckily the weather has been great and she spends most of her time running after one of the boys, she does not show any interest in their balls, but as soon as they are running to catch she is running after them. Hey it is still great exercise and she does look like she is having fun.

She got mildly interested in an empty soda bottle and some twigs but her attention span is about 2 seconds’ tops and anyway the boys are way more interesting. I am amazed that Matisse let her steal his stones, I mean Jack never did but if he tries to steal Matisse’s ball the big guy just goes and gets it back from Jack’s mouth. Not so with the lady!

After an hour of running around I can take her back to her house and she is happy to go to her crate, when I get back home I can see the boys are ready for a nice nap, and I swear they both look like they have a content smile.

The only problem so far is that Mia shows a tendency to nip. At first I thought was ok, since she was not doing the boys any harm but now she has been trying to nip at the back of my legs if I don’t pay her 100% attention. Of course those small teeth don’t hurt much but I think it is a very bad idea and should be stopped early or it can develop into a nasty habit.

For now when she nips I tuck her into a sitting, let’s hope she is a fast learner.

3 comments:

Lizelotte said...

She is an awfully cute little lady!

Bobbi Boe said...

thanks, it has been fun, although a bit more work than I thought!

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.