Thursday, July 10, 2008

I HEART GREEKS


Da Capo is officially open for business. The last few days have been very stressful for my clients with all the final inspections and they did have some glitches last night with the computers but the mood was festive. They will start advertising today, on the radio and newspaper, so yesterday was supposed to be a soft opening but they did have a nice crowd wanting to try the new place.

The food was divine; we already tried the desserts last Sunday when we stopped by to check if things were under control. I am very picky about desserts, even in good restaurants around this area they don’t prepare them in-house but they do at Da Capo. They keep it simple, just 3 options of Italian classics and a New York style Cheesecake and every one of them are very well done.  Monday we stop there on the way back from another job and end up staying for 4 hours helping with last minute stuff. Our reward was the best pizza I had in US territory. Mmmm’ kay in New York I can get thin crust and the right kind of mozzarella but in our neck of the woods it is simply impossible, well it was until yesterday.  Last night I barely had to look at the menu to choose, well I did spend so many hours designing the menu I can almost list the dishes in the right order by head. He-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed seems to be quite pleased with his choices too.

Sunday when we were there they held their staff meeting so we end up getting to know all the waitresses and waiters, yesterday it felt nice that most of them remember us. Our clients are very happy with what Boe Studio did for them so they treat us like royalty and hey it feels REALLY good. We get the kind of pampering I was used in Brasil.

Yesterday we met yet another cousin, Sofia, a very bubbly girl from Corfu, which by chance I visited some 10 years ago. She told me about her favorite Brazilian dish, I was surprise her choice was bacalhoada, which actually is more a Portuguese dish but we do make it around Easter in Brasil.

The past two days I have been having trouble with my left hand; the pain starts at my wrist and spreads to my hand, I am giving it a day to get better if not I guess a visit to the walking clinic will be in order.

 Ooops I just heard the radio blurb for Da Capo, she practically went verbatim with what I wrote for the menu, somehow it makes me feel GREAT. It makes me feel like a I belong to something that is part My Big Fat Wedding and part Big Night, a nice italian restaurant owned by Greeks from New York.

No comments: