Tuesday, July 1, 2008

a-poppin'


They have not been very lucky, with the amount of rain we have been getting and specially because the storms have been fierce and they are so delicate. I truly love the way they look like butterflies on a stem, almost like they are made of paper. I love flowers but I even love them better if I planted them as I did with these poppies. Again it came to me for free, just a package of seeds from some magazine and they seem to love the spot I choose.

We still don’t have a backyard in working order. Actually every time I look at the dismantled fence and the sad dead tree I feel a little helpless. The whole thing looks so desolated it is rather overwhelming.

 He-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed said we might be able to fix some of the fence this coming weekend, being it will be a holiday, not that he ever makes much difference as he probably will work right thru it again.

It will depend on the weather since we have to pour new footings for the posts and wait until they dry to be able to get the fence up. We need to get the small one first, around my raised bed, since otherwise the dogs will get to what is left of my tomatoes and herbs.

I am keeping my fingers crossed since life is way better when we have a yard for the boys. Looking at the state of things they will probably think we built them a jungle gym.


No comments: