Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Mad Dogs and Englishmen

Last weekend was a busy one. In a not-all-work way, this is rather very nice. He-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed was in the mood for a breakfast at George’s, it is amazingly busy for such a not-anything-special kind of place. I guess it could be called a not-so-grease-spoon place or a friendly service and honest prices place or yet a not-plastic-food place. Best of all it is about 3 minutes from our house so even if I am not big about going out for breakfast I have to admit it is almost like staying home.

We always bump on someone we know there, we don’t always can remember their names but alas it probably is a mutual thing. We have lived here for over 7 years and maybe we have been to George’s 10 times all together, so it is not something we do often but makes for a great way to start a weekend.

After breakfast  we went to BJ’s get dog biscuits and paper towels (much used by dogs lately since they been a bit sick) and with that out of the way He-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed  was gracious enough to take me to TJ Maxx for some much needed couple of Capri’s for 10 bucks each( yeah I got lucky). Shopping does not agree well with He-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed so he drop me there and went get some work stuff done at a nearby town, but honestly it works perfect this way.

After last week disaster at the washer (as in I did check his pockets, recover the cell phone, some coins, some dog bags and a couple of pens but somehow one elude me and you can imagine the rest of the story) he does need a couple of shirts and shorts but he said he was not in the mood and I can live with that even if it means washing and ironing the survivors a bit more often.

We got back home and I could not complain that He-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed needed to work, so I just kept myself busy between dogs and house stuff but by mid-afternoon I was again feeling like being more social so I called G and we went to grab a coffee at our Target Starbucks. It always feels good to be able to do stuff on the spur of the moment, it is not the way things happen are here, people usually need to know in advance and for a while it bug me. So to my surprise we end up making last minute plans to go to Da Capo for dinner, she had been there with me last Wednesday but it has been a while since we did anything all four of us.

I was very pleased to find the restaurant very busy, G knew at least 3 other tables, mostly some relatives of her and next to our table was a couple we did some work maybe 4 years ago. Going to Da Capo is a bit like going back to Rio, because everybody knows me there, they make me feel very special and apart from that the food is delicious. Actually we will be going there tomorrow because it will be the official ribbon-cutting-by-the-mayor-affair, but will happen at lunch time so we need to get back to normal work stuff after it.

Sunday He-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed had a meeting at 8:30 so we just buggy out of bed early and he got going and me and the “boys” had a good time doing a major cleaning, ok, they don’t help much with the cleaning but they were good boys. There were no big fights with the vacuum cleaner, by now they just avoid it instead of challenge it. True is Matisse was already not feeling well so I guess that was one of the reasons he barely move from his spot.

He-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed called to let me know he was bringing some meat to have burgers, I had plans to do some gardening after lunch but it was awfully hot and humid so I change the plans to spending some time with a very interesting book.

Monday morning arrived with a very sick dog, I hate to see my big guy walking around looking so miserable, I took him out at least 5 times before noon but there were also some “accidents” in the house, not that I blame him. By 3pm we agree a visit to see the vet was in order, she was tied in surgery but they told us to bring him and she would see him as soon as she could.

Now he is medicated and seems to be recovering. He actually likes the special food he is supposed to eat for the next 10 days so I am not complaining. Well apart from the heat… enough already!

No comments: